Flu Vaccination Programme
Dear Lakeside patient
In light of the risk of flu and COVID-19 co-circulating this winter, the national flu immunisation programme is absolutely essential to protect vulnerable people and support the resilience of our local community and our health and care system.
The way we deliver the flu immunisation programme will follow the process we introduced last year to ensure we can safely provide the vaccination to more patients than ever before.
We have developed a process that ensures we keep you safe and minimise the time you need to spend waiting for your vaccination. For this to work effectively we need you to work with us as much as possible.
The purpose of this leaflet is to explain how this year’s programme will work and how you can help our staff to help you and other patients in our community.
Clinic dates and times
Our initial clinics will run on the following dates by invitation only
We are having to stagger the clinics due to delays with vaccine delivery. Clinic date for patients aged 6 months to 17 years will be published in due course once vaccine is delivery confirmed
Social distancing remains a Public Health England requirement in GP practices. In order to observe social distancing, we need to limit the numbers of patients inside the surgery at any point in time. To do this we are running clinics that are broken down into 30 minute blocks of time. Each clinic will be restricted to a limited number of patients with access strictly by prior invitation only. We will send you an appointment and ask that you work with us by treating this as a priority and do everything possible to attend at the time you are offered.
We aim to run some of the flu vaccination clinics outside in the practice car park to minimise the risk of infection. In the event of bad weather the clinic will be held inside.
Before your appointment
If the answer to any of the following questions is ‘YES’, please do not attend the surgery as you will not be able to receive the flu vaccination and will be asked to leave:
- Do you or any member of your household/ family have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Are you or any member of your household/family waiting for a COVID-19 test result?
- Have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or been in isolation with a suspected case in the last 10 days?
- Do you have any of the following Covid-19 symptoms?
- high temperature or fever
- new, continuous cough
- a loss or alteration to taste or smell
If you have been confirmed as not having COVID-19, but have a temperature relating to another illness, you cannot have the flu vaccination. Please do not attend the surgery even if invited. Instead, please contact via Engage Consult or on the phone.
Wherever possible we ask that patients attend the surgery alone as space in the building is strictly limited to enable us to maintain social distancing. Those patients who need to be accompanied by a carer are asked to attend with a maximum of one carer.
Before heading to the surgery for your appointment please:
- ensure you have proof of your appointment and barcode ready (from your letter, email or myGP app)
- Wear loose fitting clothing, preferably with short sleeves
- Have a face covering. Patients without face coverings will only be permitted to enter the surgery if they meet one of the agreed exclusion categories.
- Prepare to wait outside, bring an umbrella and wear suitable clothing. We are taking measures to minimise the need to queue outside but this could still be a possibility.
- If you are driving to the surgery, we would also suggest you leave home in sufficient time to allow time to park.
Arriving for your appointment
Please arrive at the surgery during your allocated time slot. This minimises the need to queuing outside the practice. When arriving, head to the car park entrance. Access to the surgery will be strictly limited to patients with evidence of a flu vaccination clinic appointment. Access to Rowlands Pharmacy will not be affected.
Please use the floor markings in and outside the building to ensure you observe social distancing and help keep our staff and other patients safe.
This appointment is strictly for a flu vaccination only. If you need to speak to a healthcare professional about any other issue, please contact the surgery to make a separate appointment.
After your vaccination
Once you have had your vaccination all patients are asked to follow the directional signage set out in the building. This will be different to the usual exit.
We thank you in advance for your co-operation in keeping our staff and patients safe during our flu vaccination clinics.
Published: Aug 27, 2021